Register with Prospect Wire
Create one account to manage everything you do with Prospect Wire like:
  • Subscribing to premium content
  • Updating your profile
  • Registering for an event
  • Announcing starting pitchers
  • Submitting tournament rosters
  • Reading scouting reports
  • Viewing Rankings
First Name:
Last Name:
Confirm Email:
Confirm Password:
Who are you?:
What Travel Organization Are You With?
Search for your organization below.
If not found, please use the green (+) button to create new.
Please do not type in [value]. Please leave this field blank instead.
General Organization Info
Organization Name:*:

Colors and Logos

Team Page Preview
Team Name Baseball
Sort Players By:
What College Are You With?
Please do not type in [value]. Please leave this field blank instead.
What Type of Account Would You Like?
  • Player profile creation
  • Player profile management
  • Travel team management
  • View basic scouting data
  • Announce starting pitchers

  • Full article/content access
  • Advanced search features
  • View rankings
  • View scouting reports
  • View stat leaders
per month

  • Player GPAs
  • Player contact info
  • Player college choices
  • Player academic info
  • College/scout access
per month

Payment Information

Billing Information:

Member Fee:
Coupon code:

Card Information:

Note: PW subscription automatically renews each month until canceled.

Thank you

Updated: Apr 16th, 2020
Update Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic & PW Events
By: Brian Werner |

Tampa, FL - All around the world, people are adjusting to a new way of life. In most of places, that way of life means being socially distant from our friends, family and co-workers. This new way of life has affected millions of people in multiple ways. From job losses, school closures, sports shutting down and so much more, it's hard to find someone who is not affected by the COVID-19 virus pandemic. We here at Prospect Wire feel your pain. We empathize with those that have lost their jobs, or had their pay decreased. We are right there making sacrifices with you, and we hope this "nightmare" is something we can get behind us one day soon. When that happens, we will be ready to welcome our loyal customers safely back to our events. 

Here is an update on some of our upcoming events, based on current information that we have gathered from around the country. Please understand, we live in a rapidly changing landscape, and what is true today, may change tomorrow. This is simply an update based on information as of May 27 2020.


West Coast Championships (AZ) - CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Pandemic (June 5-10)

     The City of Mesa made the decision to extend all social distancing guidelines for their parks, through June 30th. We checked and it appears the same is true for other major cities in Arizona. Therefore, we unfortunately had to make the decision to officially cancel the 10th Annual West Coast Championships for the first time in its history. This is a very difficult decision for us to have to make, but with fields closed and the issue at hand, we also understand and respect the decision made by the City of Mesa. We are in touch with them and will look for potential fall dates to bring some replacement events to the area, should we be permitted to safely return later this year. (Updated 5/1)


Southeast Championships (FL) - Boomah Remains CLOSED; looking into new location (June 5-10)

    We have spoken to Boombah again, after the Governor of Florida announced fields could open again if they chose to do so. After meeting with County officials again, Boombah has decided NOT to reopen their parks until June 21st, as noted to us yesterday. They cited the desire to properly prepare their facility before opening, and felt the change by the Governor came with no warning or time to prepare. Prospect Wire has reached out to a handful of other cities around the state, in an effort to see if any fields might be available to rent. If we can secure fields in a new location, we will do so and move the event. Teams have been notified and we will do our best to update them if we hear anything this weekend. But for sure, the event will not take place in Sanford this year.  Thus far, as of Memorial Day, we have heard back from the Orioles (Sarasota), Braves (Northport), Rays (Port Charlotte), Lake Myrtle (Auburndale, FL) and Lawnwood/Lakewood (Fort Pierce) and all will not be available June 5th-10th. We are still waiting to hear back from 3-4 other places. (Updated 5/25)   


Father's Day Classic (FL) - POSTPONED UNTIL AUGUST (NEW DATES August 14-16) (Originally June 12-14)

     We just spoke with the Treasure Coast Sports Comisssion regarding our June 12-14 event in Fort Pierce, FL. It has been decided by St. Lucie County, and surrounding areas as well, that they will not reopen parks for tournaments or organized events until July 1st. This is a decision that has come from the local officials in that area, and are in conjunction with most of the facilities along the east coast. We have TENTATIVELY secured August 13-15 as a make up date for this event. Teams will be notified today of the change. The paperwork must be finalized still, but we are confident that this date will be approved. (5/27)


San Diego Invitational (CA) - CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Pandemic (June 12-16)

     Due to the fact we will not have any fields available to us June 12-16, the 4th Annual San Diego Invitational is officially being cancelled for 2020. We are actively looking at dates beginning in the fall to see if we can bring baseball back to the San Diego area. We will update later this summer. Teams that were approved for this event have already been notifed.  (Updated 5/18)


North vs. South Classic - CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Pandemic (June 15-17)

     After reaching out to talk to some of the facilities in the San Diego area, it does not seem enough of them are confident in when they will be able to re-open for outside use. The districts control the decision and many of them are not giving any timetable on a return. Due to this uncertainty, coupled with the loss of our 3 main collegiate facilities, we have decided to cancel the North vs. South Classic for 2020. We considered another alternate date, but with so much unknown, it would be too challenging to try to get the same teams all good to go on the same dates. We will look for some alternative event options on the west coast once we see things opening back up to normal. Our plan is to focus more on the fall in looking for dates for other events. (Updated 5/18)


Northern California Classic - Future registrations have been put on hold; update pending (June 27-30)

     As of today, we have lost 6 of the 7 fields we had contracted to use for this event. It is most likely that we are going to have to cancel this event and hope for a return to northern California later this fall. We are reaching out to a few other facilities to see if any chance is there that some fields might be available, but it's not looking great. We expect to make an official annoucement on this event by the end of this week. (Updated 5/26)


Southwest Championships - Event Registrations On Hold; Event Status TBD (July 3-6)

     We received a call today from the City of Mesa to inform us that all city field locations inside Mesa city limits, are officially off limits to organized games and tournaments, from July 1st - July 31st, minimum. Fields will be opened up for practices of 15 people or less only. We are reaching out to surrounding cities to see if they are doing the same, or if it's just a stand alone decision that Mesa made themselves. We are also going to try to contact other facilities to see if it's possible to move the event to another location, before we officially have to cancel things. For now, registrations are on hold until we can secure a new location. Please stay tuned.  Teams registered for the event were notified on 5/19. (Updated 5/19)


World Series Upperclass - Still on as scheduled (July 10-14)

     The odds are increasing that the Mets facility will be unavailable this summer to travel baseball tournaments. This is due to COVID-19 guidelines and MLB's potential return to work. We still will have 6 fields available to use at Lawnwood. If we only can use the one facility, then there would have to be a cap on registrations.  (Updated 5/1)


Los Angeles Invitational - Still on as scheduled, but approving new teams on HOLD (July 10-14)

     Our plan is to begin reaching out to facilities that we use in Los Angeles, Irvine & West Covina to see what their gut feelings are as we move closer to our July 10-14 date. Right now the state of California is moving slower than most states, and there is a lot of talk about facilities not being available until after the 4th of July weekend at best case. The problem that might create is many fields (especially HS fields) have not been touched since mid March. This would make it very tough to prepare fields to be in shape to handle a 4 day tournament. Much of this event's status will depend on what restrictions (if any) Great Park has in Irvine. If Great Park is good to go, then the event will most likely take place in some form or fashion. If we do not have the use of Great Park, it will make hosting this event a lot more difficult, because all facilities used will be controlled by school districts & college administrators. Stay tuned as we try to get more concrete answers in the upcoming weeks. (Updated 5/25)


PW Summer Classic (July 11-12)

     We have added a new event July 11-12 in Auburndale, FL at the Lake Myrtle Sports Complex. This event will be a less expensive alternative for teams (specifically central & west coast of FL) as an option that may provide the ability to avoid hotel stays. While we understand we have our World Series for 18U/17U teams, this event is just an cheaper alternative/weekend tournament for teams interested in just playing baseball & not concerned with exposure or college coaching presence. It will be a 3 game guarantee. Registration is now open on our website.  (Updated 5/13)


World Series Underclass & NextGen - Still on as scheduled (July 17-21)

     You can read above regarding the situtation regarding the Mets facility. We have 10 other fields we use for this event, and should still be able to host things accordingly, if it is safe to return to tournaments at that time. For now this event remains on as scheduled. (Updated 5/1)


World Series West - Still on as scheduled (July 17-21)

     We recently spoke to the group in Goodyear. They are hosting a small event in June, and have asked to speak with us after that event takes place. This will allow them to see how things go on a smaller level, before they determine if a larger scale event can take place, that involves all 8 fields available. The complex has discussed no more than 50 people per field, which would mean possibly no parents allowed in to watch. They also suggested only using 2 fields on each side, which would limit the # of teams that would be accepted. We will continue to monitor this situation as we get into June.  (Updated 5/13)


National Championship - Still on as scheduled (July 24-29)

     We spoke to IMG's staff today. They are expecting to be open for events, beginning June 28th. We also have contracts for county facilities in the northern end of Port Charlotte. We do not yet know what the Orioles & Rays will be doing with their facilities during July. Until we do, we are doing our best to make sure we have as many non-MLB fields as we can acquire. As of today, this event appears to be in good shape to at least have some facilities available. We will continue to update as things progress. (Updated 5/21)


Florida State Championships - Still on as scheduled (July 31-Aug 4)

     We fully expect this event to go off without restrictions. Registrations are filling up and the event is already approaching a sell out. (Updated 5/25)



     We have been in contact with the Panama City Beach Sports Complex about open dates in this summer to make up some events. They replied that they may have some availability after the first weekend in August. They are checking their calendar and field availability for size fields we would need. We hope to hear something from them by end of this week. If we can, we will add a new event to our summer schedule and open registration. We are also discussing potential open weekends in Auburndale during the month of August as well.  We have also applied for potential open weekends in the Phoenix area for August. The dates being looked at are August 14-17 and August 21-24. Stay tuned on those. (Updated 5/27)


Prospect Wire understands everyone's frustrations. We also understand the need to be safe and do our part in flattening the curve. We will continue to post updates to our social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram as we have new information to share. We hope everyone remains safe and healthy out there and we hope to see you back at a Prospect Wire event in the near future! Thank you!



About Brian Werner
Played 2 years of college baseball at Clemson University, appearing in the College World Series in 1996. Played final 2 years at the University of South Florida in Tampa. After graduating, Brian began work as an intern in Scouting & Baseball Operations for the NY Yankees. He was hired full time in 2000, starting as an assistant in Baseball Operations, before eventually becoming the Director. Brian also assisted in running the Pro Scouting Department, serving as the main contact between scouts & executives. In 2008, Brian started with Prospect Wire as Scouting Director, before becoming the National Tournament Director in 2010. He has assisted in most aspects of PW operations over the years, and was named the company's Vice President in January 2020.
Total views (7426)
Comments (0)