- 7 inning games or 2 hour time limits. Time limit is NOT drop dead. No new inning will start after 2 hours.
- Games are official after 5 innings (4.5 if home team is winning)
- No Run Rule in effect. If the score of the game gets out of hand, both coach's may agree to end game for player's sake, but with no playoffs - games are 2 hours or 7 innings.
- Teams may hit up to 12 players at one time. You may utilize a DH & 3 EH if you wish. Teams can hit 9 if they prefer, but 12 is max allowed at one time.
- When in doubt, National High School rules apply
- Courtesy runner for the catcher &/or pitcher is allowed at any time during the inning. The runner must be someone on the bench who has not yet played in the game. If no one is available, you may use the last BATTED out.
- Games may end in a tie. If game is still tied after 7 and there is time left on the clock, 8th inning starts with last batted out at 2nd base and 0 outs. Both teams play this way til there is a winner or time limit is reached. ***Because there are no playoffs, if home team is hitting & winning when time limit hits, the inning will be allowed to finish so kids can get their AB's.
- Home Team is determined by a COIN FLIP before the game. Coin flip will be conducted by PW Scorekeeper (or coaches may flip as long as 1 rep from each team is available to do so).
- Umpires will keep the game clock and report starting time to the PW scorekeeper as backup. Umpires will also keep official score, with PW Scorekeeper as additional backup. If there is a question in score, umpires will discuss with scorekeeper on each field.
If a player is ejected they are out the remainder of that game & may return for the next game, provided the ejection was not considered "Hostile" or "over the top". In other words, if it was deemed a heat of the moment thing that ends quickly with no arguments or fights, the player may return for the next game. This is a showcase and we want the players to play, not sit out games. A decision on if the player can return will be handled by the umpires & Tournament Director.
A coach who is ejected must sit out the rest of that game, but may return to the next game provided his ejection was not considered "hostile" or "over the top". Same rules apply as before. ***Note - an umpire may ask a coach to remain in the dugout, rather than remove him, if the coach does not have any assistants to coach the team after his ejection, provided the ejection was not for hostile reasons. If this is the case, the coach may not interact with the team on the field or any umpires...however he will be allowed to coach his own players in the dugout.
WOOD BAT ONLY IN THIS DIVISION
Players must not be more than 18 years old on Sept 1, 2015 to participate in this division