Updated: Jun 1st, 2012
FSF Announcements and Rules
SARASOTA - COACHES:
- If you have questions, concerns, etc regarding the tournament, please
contact the following:
A.) Brian Werner - Tournament
Director (727) 278.7667 - firstname.lastname@example.org
B.) Matt Schaffer - Asst. Tournament Director 727-479-5661 - email@example.com
Schaffer & I will be working side by side at Tournament HQ (Buck O'Neil
Complex) If you cannot get in touch with me, Matt should be available.
- In the event of inclement weather, PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE HOME PAGE FOR
ADJUSTED GAME TIMES AND WEATHER ANNOUNCEMENTS. There are 110 teams in this
event, and the website is going to be the best way that I can communicate with
you. Please also have your cell phones on you, as I will send mass text
messages with special announcements.
- Location Abbreviations: When checking the schedule & website, please
keep in mind the following abbreviations:
- BOBC = Buck O'Neil Baseball Complex (Sarasota, FL)
- BOBC5 = Riverview HS Field at Buck O'Neil Complex (Sarasota, FL)
- ESC - Ed Smith Complex (Sarasota, FL)
- ESS - Ed Smith Stadium (Sarasota, FL)
- IMG - IMG Academies (Bradenton, FL)
- PC - Pirate City (Pittsburgh Pirates Complex) (Bradenton, FL)
- McKechnie Stadium - Pittsburgh Pirates McKechnie Stadium (Bradenton,
- The tournament will have certified athletic trainers on site at all
complexes. We encourage your players to take advantage of Ice after they pitch
and any other services they may need from the trainer.
- NO COOLERS will be allowed at the ball parks. This is not a Prospect Wire
rule - these are complex rules. However, you are allowed to bring a TEAM COOLER
for your players to have water during the games. Some complexes provide water,
and some don't. The IMG complex will have gatorade before/during/after all
- Prospect Wire is proud to have 2 hour & 15 min time limits on all
games. Between the wood bats in the 18U/16U divisions, the BBCOR bats in the
14U division, and this extended time limit, we feel that the majority of the
games should complete the full 7 innings.
- A few rules to note: THE GOLDEN RULE - When in doubt, and when it's not
addressed, all rules are National High School Rules, with the following
- Two Hour & 15 Min Time limit on all games
- Teams will perform a coin flip to determine home team before each POOL PLAY
& CONSOLATION GAME. Once the playoffs start, the higher seed will always be
- All teams are allowed to hit 10 batters. This can be a DH & EH. TEAMS
CANNOT HIT 11 OR MORE BATTERS. The EH can move in & out of the lineup, like
any other position.
- Run Rule: 10 runs after 5 innings
- If a coach or player is ejected from a game, that participant must sit out
that game + one additional game: NO EXCEPTIONS! If an umpire or Tournament
Director asks you to leave the premises, you must do so or your team may forfeit
it's remaining games.
- Prospect Wire is not providing Scorekeepers for any games being played!
Instead, Prospect Wire has hired additional scouts to get relevant, REAL TIME,
Scouting information on stand-out participating players during the games.
- The umpire & home team, are responsible for reporting an accurate
final score to the appropriate Tournament Staff Member, so they can record the
results of the game for the website.
- The majority of fields at this event, do not have lights. It is the umpires
discretion to call a game due to darkness, for the safety of the players.
National HS rules will apply to the outcome of games affected by this decision.
- All baseballs are provided by Prospect Wire
- CAGES: Some venues have batting cages that can be used prior to your
games. These cages are available on a first come, first serve basis. We ask
that you be fair and share accordingly.
These announcements will be
posted on the website as well. Please stay tuned for the combine schedule.
Total views (3789)
You must be logged in to leave a comment.