BOYNTON BEACH, FL - Parents and fans be advised that there is a $10/day gate admission, or $25 tournament pass for the week at the fornt gate. Kids 16 and under get in free.
Teams will need to report at least 1 hour and 30 mins prior to the start of their first game to go through their combine. Pitcher onlys will not participate but can be present to take a headshot photo. Players can wear their uniforms with jersey number to identify them. Baseballs, fungoes, etc will be provided by Prospect Wire.
Below are the rules for the tournament. In the event that a rule is not specified, the event will refer to FHSAA High School Baseball Rules.
1. Time Limit
--Time limit changes based on the round.
--Games are always 7 innings long for all rounds unless bound by a time limit or a run rule.
--Prospect Wire tries to encourage all games being played out in the spirit of baseball. One run games are what make the sport so exciting, and teams should be allowed to try and finish as much of the game as they can without time limits. A team winning by 1 run should not be saved by the bell. With that in mind, PW has come up with a modified time limit.
--Modified Time Limit is 2 hours on applicable games. A new inning can not start after 2 hours. The umpires on the field have the final say on time limit.
--If the time limit strikes, and a team is winning by 2 or more runs, then then game is over due to time limit. However if time limit strikes during a 1-run game, we will allow the game to be played for 1 more full inning after the time limit strikes to see if the losing team makes a run, or if the winning team can shut the door.
--If the time limit strikes during a tied game OR if the game becomes tied after the modified time limit inning add-on in a one run game, then the game will go to a tiebreaker.
--Tiebreaker will go into effect if a game is tied after time limit OR if a game is tied after 7 innings of play.
--“California Tie Breaker” will be used as the tiebreaker. Each team will place the batter who is scheduled to bat last in that inning on second base and plays out a full inning until the tie is broken and the game is complete
3. Player Limits- Teams must start games with a minimum of 9 players. However, they may finish with less. An out will be recorded each time the vacant spot in the lineup appears.
4. Lineups - Teams can bat up to 10 hitters (a DH and an EH for example.)
5. Courtesy Runners- May be used for the pitcher or catcher at any time. Courtesy runners must be a non-starter who has not already been in the line-up. The same runner may not run for both the pitcher and the catcher and must be "married" to the pitcher or catcher.
6. NO RE-ENTRY. Once a player has been removed from the game, that player is OUT of the game and can not re-enter.
7. Baseballs - PW will provide all baseballs for the duration of the tournament.
8. Pre-Game- PW will do a modified pre-game and 60 before each team's first game for scouting purposes. Other than that, no pre-game IF/OF will be allowed during the tournament with the exception of the championship game at FAU. Batting cages at Santaluces are reserved for teams who are slated to play NEXT and are on a first come, first serve basis. If your team does not play until later in the day, and you are using the cages, a team that plays NEXT has priority.
9. Coach and player ejections - Any coach or player getting ejected by the umpire will serve a suspension for the remainder of that game + the following game.
10. Roster - Rosters must be submitted before the first game. Any player not on the official roster with PW will not be eligible during the tournament. Teams can not add players mid-tournament or may face forfeit.
11. Advancing from Pool, Tiebreakers - Teams that win their pool automatically advance. 7 total teams will advance to single elimination tournament. 1 Wildcard will be taken to round out the final 8. Any pool or bracket containing 3 teams will have top team automatically advance and teams 2 and 3 will play again to get their 3rd game to see if they qualify for the wild card. The wildcard team will be the 8th seed in the next round and cannot be seeded higher than a team that won their bracket - regardless of tiebreakers. Seeding, and tiebreakers for seeding, will be done by:
a. Win/Loss record
c. Runs allowed
d. Run Differential
e. Runs Scored
f. Strength of competition - Whichever team played against the higher seeded team.
12. Run Rules - Run rules change based on the round. See below.
--Modified Time limit of 2 hours
--Run rule is 10 runs after 5 full innings.
--Home team is a coin flip.
---No time limit
---Run rule is 12 after 5.
---Home team is by seed. Higher seeded team is home.
---No time limit.
---Run rule is 12 after 5.
---Home team is con flip.
12. Rings - The championship team will receive state championship rings. PW will provide rings for up to 25 players on the roster and 1 coach. All players MUST be listed on roster before the event and present during championship game in the dugout to receive a ring. PW will not pay for rings for assistant coaches, or players not in attendance during the championship game.